Friday, March 14, 2014

Second Ski Day

We're home safe and sound--more details on that tomorrow. Today I wanted to share some pictures and stories from yesterday. I took this first photo at the top of the mountain. From left to right is Anthony, Patrick's Dad Ernie, Patrick, and Alex.

We went to Copper Mountain yesterday. Patrick's parents have been skiing at Copper this season because they have season passes there. The prices have gone up in recent years, and Copper gives them a better deal. That meant that we got a better deal also, since they were able to get us a good discount on ski lift tickets.

We got to ski with Patrick's Dad for an hour or so before he wanted to sit down, so we went down to the bottom and called Patrick's Mom to come pick him up. She brought Natalie and Eric and we had lunch together. The prices were astronomical, even higher that what we usually pay. Patrick had a grilled cheese sandwich with fries, Anthony had an Awesome Burger with fries (apparently that's what it was called), Alex had a slice of pepperoni pizza, a fruit cup, and a Powerade, and Natalie shared three chicken strips with Eric. We paid over $64 for that! I decided to wait until I got home to eat, but I did have some of Alex's fruit cup with some water. Patrick's Dad also had some lemonade.

After lunch, Patrick and I got to ski some more with the big boys. Patrick took this photo of me with my big boys when we got back up to the top of the mountain. We're all pretty bundled up, so after Patrick took the picture, I joked to Alex, "Did you smile?" The temperature was probably in the upper teens to low 20s and windy, but I was bundled up enough that I was fine, except for when we were up on the chair lift--then I got cold. I actually got hot when we were waiting in the chair lift lines.

I was done first, and Patrick dropped me off at the bottom of the mountain and went back up to meet the boys. He skis a lot faster than the rest of us and easily caught up with the boys. I don't like to ski too fast or I feel out of control. My knees start to burn from all the effort I put into turning, slowing down, etc., so I stop for a bit every so often to rest my knees. When that resting got too often, I was done. Patrick was done before the boys. Alex kept telling me how much he loved to ski.

We didn't leave Copper Mountain until 4pm. In the past we would be done by lunch, so we had quite a full last day of skiing.

No comments: