Natalie was working on a project for school this weekend. She had to fill out a packet of questions which included where her relatives were born and when. That part was due last Friday. She worked on the creative/presentation part of the project this past weekend. She printed out flags from some of the countries where her ancestors came from. As you can see from this first page, with Patrick and I as her parents, she had quite a few countries to choose from.
I let her do these pages all by herself. She helped herself to my card stock and she admitted trying to use as many different types of washi tape as possible to attach the pictures. I guess I didn't mind because I personally would have found it hard to choose.
The project instructions said that printing the pictures on plain paper was fine, so I didn't try to print them on photo paper. The quality would have been better, but that would have required more time to upload these and then pick them up.
This second page contains photos of a couple of vacations with the family (to Colorado and last year when we were on a cruise). I've posted one of the pictures before, of Natalie with her cousins trying to read each others' minds using aluminum foil hats they fashioned themselves. She also needed a picture of Filipino food, and I actually haven't taken a lot of photos, so I used a photo that I took at my Dad's 80th birthday party a couple of years ago.
Natalie used pictures of two of my scrapbook pages to show a family tradition. I get handprints of the kids every year and I write how tall they are and how much they weigh, along with a picture of the four of them.
I also usually try to take a picture of the kids with Santa hats in front of the Christmas tree, so she used the last picture as another example of a family tradition. The other picture is of the last Easter when the kids were breaking brightly colored confetti-filled eggs (called cascarones) over each others' heads.
Finally, I took a picture of two recipes that my mom gave me. I really didn't have anything else that qualifies as a family recipe. I usually get recipes from cookbooks and from the internet rather than get them from my mom. That makes visiting my mom and eating those dishes even more special since I don't get them anywhere else.
Natalie didn't ask me for any help in creating these pages, except for choosing and printing the pictures and using my supplies. I have a little scrapbooking experience that I might have used to help her design the pages to be more "visually appealing" and easier to follow. Still, I especially love that she did these herself.
She did her presentation in front of the whole class this week. She hasn't received the teacher's comments back yet, but I hope she does well. She did a great job.
As for a back injury update, she said last Sunday that her back felt much better. We thought that after seeing the doctor, she could possibly go back to swimming and PE this week. Unfortunately, she hurt her back again at school on Monday when she bent down to pick something up. When I got home that day, we had a talk about how to lift things while using your legs and not your back, but it was too late. Right now she doesn't get to ski next week. I really hope her back gets better soon.



1 comment:
She did great!!! Looks awesome. (And thank goodness someone is using your stash. "Wink")
Post a Comment