Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day 2014

I'm currently sitting at our nearby Starbucks with Natalie, writing this post. We came home to no internet, no phone, and no cable. The worst part is that Patrick and I can't do our regular Sunday viewing of the new episode of The Game of Thrones. Tomorrow will be difficult trying to avoid all of those internet spoilers out there.

I had a long weekend because of a Thursday night call (and the accompanying "day off" on Friday), so we took the opportunity to go to Houston for Mother's Day weekend. We also took the opportunity to get a discount on a return flight for Anthony from Boston. The non-stop flight on Southwest Airlines only cost us $89 vs. his going to San Antonio for $210 on a plane with one or more stops. So, my dearest oldest son is home, perfectly timed for Mother's Day. I got a warm feeling when we got home from Houston this afternoon and I saw him coming out of the pantry with one or two mini Heath bars and another three or so in his hands. Yes, my dear son is HOME!

I got a chance to see my dear mother yesterday. My sisters graciously changed their plans for me. I wanted to have a dinner at my Mom's house (with takeout from a favorite restaurant nearby--Kim Son), so we could spend time with her in the comfort of home instead of fighting all the crowds for brunch on Mother's Day. I took this picture of my mom enjoying a video of Eric's first piano recital last week. I was playing it for her on my laptop and she really enjoyed watching it. I love that Eric is affectionate and came to watch the video with her. I love that she has a wonderful smile on her face while watching the video. I love that I was able to spend time with her and my dad.

Thanks to my dear sisters for taking time out of their own Mother's Day weekend to spend time entertaining me and my family. Thanks especially to Cynthia and John for putting my large family up at their house and feeding us. John grilled steak for us on Friday night and he was amazed at how much steak my family can eat. Of course, that was without Anthony's extra mouth to feed since he didn't arrive until Saturday. Thanks to Patrick for driving me to see my family this weekend and then coming home to prepare a wonderful steak dinner for us!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Jules said...

It sounds like a wonderful Mothers Day weekend all around! Love the sister photo.