Last night was Natalie's Spring Band Concert. I didn't even bring my big camera because during their Winter Concert, she gave me looks as if she was shooting daggers at me when I took out my camera--even my iPhone camera. Also, she is a percussionist and therefore she stands in the back behind a lot of other people, instruments, drums, music stands, etc. It's impossible to get a good picture of her being uncooperative. If it weren't for Eric, I would have nothing to take pictures of.
Here is my youngest angel climbing in the kitchen. He has been climbing everything lately. When we were at my sister Cynthia's house for Mother's Day weekend, he was constantly climbing on the outside of their staircase. When I saw him doing this on Saturday, I told him, "Just so you know, Eric, you shouldn't be doing this." I said this because I didn't want him to think that it was okay just because I was taking a picture. He has been more inquisitive lately, so he asked, "Then why are you taking a picture?" I accurately predicted he would ask that, didn't I? So I answered, "So I can show Papa what you were doing." So maybe that wasn't the best answer, but it was true.
Patrick and I are embarrassed to say that we let Eric wear these shoes. We bought these shoes less than two months ago. He wears them daily, even to baseball practices and games (because he prefers them to his cleats). As a result of the daily wear and tear, he also likes to kick at the ground and other such things that are bad for shoes. Finally, this weekend when we realized that how big the holes were in BOTH shoes, Patrick ran out and got him an identical pair, except in a bigger size 12 instead of a size 11. Even Anthony was shocked when he saw this picture.
For my final story (and picture), I was cleaning out Eric's backpack this morning when I found this. He has not more GT (Gifted and Talented) classes this year, so she sent home their work. They took a picture of him and he cut it out and glued it onto this piece of paper behind a clear plastic circle with small white circles inside. The caption says, "If I lived in a snow globe..." He filled in the rest as follows (complete with spelling errors): "I whoud always follow the orders from my minion dad." That answer is so typical for him right now. He totally relates everything back to minions and it just cracks me up.
Eric brings a lot of joy and laughter to all of our lives. Alas, I know that he won't stay little forever. Just last night when I asked him if he wanted me to sing a bedtime song to him, he replied, "No thanks." Sniff, sniff--it's the beginning of the end. This morning he still gave me a big hug while he was waiting for the bus. I had to ask him for the hug, but I was happy with that for now.



1 comment:
Yes mama, even the babies grow up. "Sniff"
Post a Comment