I've taken one of these photos for the last couple of years or so, with Patrick on our living room sofa with the kids at home. This year, we have a different sofa, which is actually older than the sofa from previous years, but this one is still in great shape.
Natalie is wearing the same school sweatshirt as last year, and when I told her that, she wanted to hug a pillow against her chest to hide the identifying design on the front. We made her put Eric on her lap instead. Eric is always smiling for me for photos, but Alex did not want to smile, and I didn't make him.
Patrick still had to get up really early to leave the house by 6:10am to get Alex to school by 6:30am. The kids greeted him "Happy Birthday". Natalie was saying that he was half a century old. Alex said that he was celebrating his "semi-centennial". They wanted to rub in how old he is. :)
He went to the gym after the kids were in school, and had lunch at Freddie's. He texted me that he wanted to have some "thin, crispy, unhealthy fries", and Smash Burger was too far, so he went to Freddie's. He took the little ones to piano lessons while I picked up Alex from school after work. We all met at home at about 6pm to go out to dinner.
We met Patrick's mom and dad at El Mirasol, Patrick's favorite restaurant, and where he has had many birthday dinners. Alex remarked at how it was nice that they live in town now, so we can see them more often. Patrick had his usual Enchiladas Mole and two of their top shelf margaritas. I showed him the picture of him holding up a margarita for his birthday two years ago, so he held up his margarita so I could take a new picture.
Patrick's birthday presents from us included a Dr. Who apron, an electric knife sharpener, two pairs of Feetures brand running socks, and two Green Bay Packers tumblers. He immediately started using the knife sharpener and washed his tumblers so they would be ready for first use. He is difficult to buy for, but I think he may like his presents.
Happy Birthday, Sweetie! We love you very much!


No comments:
Post a Comment