After a low key day at work, I came home and we met Grandma and Grandpa at their house. Alex had gone to the Fiesta Texas theme park, so he was not with us. Unfortunately, he apparently came home shortly after we had left, and he could have let us know and we would have come back for him, but he seemed to want to chill at home, so he was okay with it. He watched the last two episodes of Dr. Who from this past season instead.
When we got to their house, Patrick and I helped Grandma set up her new Fitbit Charge fitness tracker. She has seen Patrick and I exercise to get fit and she wants to do the same. Good for her! We then set off for McAdoo's seafood in New Braunfels for dinner.
It was quite a popular place to be, and even though we got there around 6:30pm for our 7pm reservation, we didn't get seated on time. They only had a few tables that seated seven, and the one they were waiting for had a party that had been there for 2 1/2 hours. Grandpa in particular, was getting restless, but finally we got to sit down.
One side of the table was a booth-like bench, and Natalie, Grandma, and I promptly plopped ourselves onto it, while the "boys" all sat on the chairs on the other side of the table. Patrick mentioned there being a "boys" side and a "girls" side, and we were happy with that.
I took this picture with my phone while we were waiting. The building the restaurant was in looked like it used to be a US Post Office, and you can see the sign on the wall behind them that says "United States Post Office New Braunfels". The first thing Anthony said when he saw this picture was that he looks like a giant without Alex there! I really missed Alex being with us, and it wasn't for the height. :)
After dinner, some of us had dessert. Grandma (see above picture) had a complementary key lime pie for dessert. They put a candle in it, but she was glad that they didn't sing to her. She wasn't keen on the public display. The kids and I sang "Happy Birthday" silently. I told Patrick to get a picture since he was seated on the opposite side of the table. Natalie leaned her head on Grandma just as he snapped the photo. I like to think that Grandma had a nice birthday celebration.
Earlier in the day, Anthony took his little brother to Magnolia Pancake Haus for lunch. He met Alejandro, one of his one of his best friends there. Alejandro came with some other friends, and after lunch they went to the Laser Quest nearby. Eric has been wanting to play laser tag with his brothers since he first went there a year ago for a friend's birthday party, and I can feel his excitement in this photo that Alejandro sent me. Alejandro is Eric's "other brother", for sure. :)
Tomorrow will a pretty low-key New Year's Eve for us. Anthony is planning a party at Alejandro's apartment, so he will be gone. Alex is planning to ring in the New Year with friends as well. Luckily, the repair guys will repair the ceiling tomorrow and we will at least be able to ring in the New Year with our house again intact.



No comments:
Post a Comment