The repair guy got to our house nice and early--8:30am. He was there until around 2:30pm when we got home from the mall. The first thing he did when he got to our house was put up these plastic enclosures that I nicknamed "cones of shame" in order to contain some of the dust he would be making. There's was another one of these in front of and including the pantry. He didn't have to put one up in the kids' bathroom where the fifth hole was located because it was in the closet and therefore already contained. The floor was still very dusty from yesterday, but Patrick cleaned all of that up today. Natalie and I helped him get all that stuff back into the pantry and we were able to have some space to eat dinner tonight.
Patrick stayed behind at home with the repair guy while I went to the gym. I took this photo right before I started walking on the treadmill. I used my new running shoes (one of my Christmas presents) for the first time today. Aren't they a pretty color? There were a lot of people working off their holiday calories at the gym today, but luckily I was still able to use the weight machines that I wanted to use.
After I got home, the Alex, Natalie, and Eric were just finishing up their episode of the Flash, a TV show that they've been binge-watching. We then went to La Cantera Mall to have lunch at Grimaldi's. Anthony had spent the night at Alejandro's apartment, which was nearby, so they met us for lunch along with Alejandro's girlfriend Ellen.
I left my phone with Alex when I went to the bathroom because I had been texting Anthony from my phone and I wanted Alex to text Anthony back. He took this picture of Natalie. I love this because Natalie looks so animated talking about something or other. The picture is a little off-kilter because Alex seems to like to take photos that are tilted. I actually cropped the photo in order to focus on Natalie a bit more.
After having lunch, we walked around the mall a bit before heading home. I went to the grocery store to get a few things, like the frozen pizza we ate tonight. Anthony was going to stay at Alejandro's again so he could ring in the New Year with a small party. Patrick dropped Alex off at his friend Jeremy's house this evening so he could ring in the New Year with a few fireworks there. I gave him the usual warnings about being careful. The rest of us are just doing our own thing tonight.
We were watching TV together earlier. Now Eric is playing Lego Dimensions on the PS4 and Natalie is reading in her room. We already missed the ball dropping in New York City. We'll get together and watch the countdown at midnight on TV here shortly. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!



No comments:
Post a Comment