Saturday, December 12, 2015

Rock Climbing

On several Saturday mornings this Fall, Patrick and I have a routine. He gets up to have breakfast so he can take his medicine. Sometimes I've made breakfast, but often I don't. We go to the gym with Eric in time for me to go to the 10am Cardio Kickboxing class, and then I do some weightlifting, or often I'll do the weights before the class. Patrick also does weights and cardio, then picks up Eric from the childcare center and takes him to the Rock Climbing wall that opens at 11am. There are a few Saturday mornings when Natalie comes with us, but her back has been too sore (again) lately.

Eric really enjoys rock climbing, and he seems to have a knack for it. In this first picture, Eric has climbed way up high on a difficult part of the wall. He has the safety harness in place, so he is safe, but my son has no fear.

I got the above photo after I finished my workout, but Patrick got this second photo earlier and posted it to Facebook. It's a cool perspective.

It was a cloudy, drizzly day, so we didn't do too much else. By the time we got home, it was almost noon. Patrick and I took our showers, and then the kids weren't in any hurry to get out of the house, so we didn't go out for lunch until almost 2pm.

We went to Chili's and Alex ordered their "Wings Over Buffalo" Wings for an appetizer. He let Eric, Natalie, and I all have one each and he had the other five. I got the idea to try making some similar wings, so I found a recipe that copies the Chili's recipe, except I baked the wings instead of fried them.

This is what it looked like when it was tossed with the Frank's Red Hot Wings Hot Buffalo Sauce. The kids loved them, and so did I. Patrick, who says he's "not really into wings" liked them too. We ate such a late lunch that we all didn't eat much for dinner. Natalie had five of the wings, Eric had two, I had three, Patrick had one, and Alex had five. There were two left that Alex wanted to save for his friend Jeremy who just took Alex to North Star Mall. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

No comments: