Sunday, April 01, 2007

From Five down to Two

This was supposed to be our first full weekend of games. Originally, DD had a Tball game on Sunday at 1PM, DS#2 had baseball games at 8:30PM on Friday night and 4:45PM on Sunday afternoon, and DS#1 had soccer games at 11AM on Saturday and 5PM on Sunday. Because of the heavy rain we received on Friday, we were down to DD's game on Sunday (which moved up to 12:15PM) and DS#2's game at 4:45PM on Sunday. So, the weekend was still busy, but a bit more manageable.

I had to chuckle at the difference a few hours made. DD was all excited to be wearing her new butterfly dress and pink sparkle shoes to church this morning. Then, this afternoon, she got dressed in her Tball uniform on the right. Of course, what you can't see is that she's still wearing her pink butterfly ponytail holder underneath that batting helmet. She's also wearing pants that are way too big--her big brother's pants from when he was in Tball in Kindergarten.

I also took some video, but I don't know how to post those here. DH and I had to laugh because we've never seen DD run as slow as she did today when she was running the bases. She seemed much more tentative. She usually runs full on/no-holds barred, and usually that's because she's trying to keep up with her big brothers. Here's another hilarious photo of her warming up and showing how she fields a ground ball.

It wasn't all about DD, however, DS#2 did much better today with his batting compared to last year. It was nice to see his teammates all do better, even with fielding. We were a little worried because of the more competitive league that they had to go to, and hopefully they will all still have more improvement as the season goes on.

DS#1 was very disappointed about not having any games this week. DH and I weren't too disappointed. That's less driving for us plus he hurt his toe in karate on Friday and this break has given his toe a chance to heal. We don't have any games next weekend because of Easter. It'll get busy again--soon enough!

3 comments:

Anita said...

She is so darn cute. I love the T-ball outfit even more than the pink sparkly shoes and butterfly dress. I love a girl who isn't afraid to get dirty!

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the differences in the "two Natalie's". Too cute!

Rachael said...

She's a cutie!! Love the pics!