Thursday, April 26, 2007

This and That

We went to see the lactation consultant again today. This time, it was the same lady who I saw while in the hospital. I really like her. She is supportive and really seems to know what she's doing. Of course, DS latched on without any trouble with her help, but in the end, he didn't take in very much. He's taking the easy way out with the bottle, just like DS#1. *SIGH* I can't help but keep trying, though, so I made another appointment for Monday.

After the appointment, DH and I had a nice lunch at a Chinese restaurant where we used to go when I went to school her in town a number of years ago. I had the Triple Delight which was spicy and very tasty. This dish has beef, chicken, and shrimp in it and I've always felt that it symbolizes what I like--variety. I get bored with the same old thing over and over. Maybe that's why I keep having children--heehee. ;-)

After lunch, we stopped off at home and then rushed off to school. Today was the PreK Float Parade. I don't know why I bothered to put a ribbon on DD's float so she could pull it behind her. She was carrying the float the whole time. Boy, there were certainly some floats that were much fancier. I thought about putting fringe on the outside, but I still think it turned out okay for the rush job, plus DD was happy with it. That's what counts, right?

Tonight, DH's mom came into town to visit. I think she's been anxious to see the baby. Unfortunately, for her anyway, I was able to feed the baby and change his diaper twice and he was still sleeping when she got here. I'm crossing my fingers for a good night. I didn't have time for a nap again today! DH's mom has been reading my blog lately. Even MY mom is reading my blog now. How cool is that? I knew that if I told them I was posting about their grandkids WITH photos, that would entice them to explore the World Wide Web. Welcome to the computer age! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie - not to burst your bubble, but Mom only reads your blog because Dad PRINTS OUT the page so she can read it. ;-)
I think the float looks beautiful, BTW! You know Aly would covet those Dora stickers too!
Love,
C