Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One Week Old

I haven't been online much lately. I feel like I need to update this blog often, however, since I just gave this blog address to my SILs and I'm sure Grandma will want an update as well. :)

DS#3 has been more "awake" since yesterday. What I mean by "awake" is that he is awake but not crying or eating. He's actually a good baby. He looks pretty satisfied, most of the time. He just gets a little upset when you change his diaper or change his clothes, or just "mess with" him. He also actually went six hours between feedings this morning. Of course, it takes him a whole hour to finish eating, so that means he slept for five hours straight. That also means that I got to sleep for five hours straight--woohoo! I'm still tired, but I'll take what I can get. I just haven't had time to take any naps. Part of the reason is that I like to eat meals at a casual pace. I like to read the paper and maybe do a Sudoku puzzle while I eat. I like to talk to my mom. I'm trying to feel "normal". That's all I did today, actually. Since DS#3 was more awake, he actually fussed when he was hungry instead of me having to wake him up every three hours. Today that meant eating as frequently as every two hours.

DH was gone all day on my DD's school Field Trip to Sea World. It was rainy and miserable weather, but she still said that she had fun. He actually missed DS#3. Of course, at this moment DH has been trying to get 3 oz. into DS and he's only managed to get half of that in an hour because DS would rather sleep. DS is such a heavy sleeper. I can have the hair dryer on when he's sleeping and he doesn't even move.

I'm sure there's more to say, but I'm brain-dead right now and DH needs rescuing. I took some photos of DS#3 today. I'll post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are trying to settle themselves around into a schedule....

Sandra a.k.a. scrapfreak1 said...

life as usual huh mel.. not time to say your tired...