Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy 15th Anniversary

Today is my 15th anniversary. I worked last night so I would have today off. Luckily, I was able to get some rest last night. DH and I went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. I had my favorite dish, which basically is a pasta dish with lightly breaded shrimp and a garlic butter sauce. DH tried something new--blackened chicken in some sort of corn sauce accompanied by sundried tomato mashed potatoes. My favorite part, as always, was dessert and this time I had the cappucino pie, a frozen dessert that had enough coffee and chocolate that it made me wonder if the caffeine in it was enough to keep my baby up later tonight.

I can't believe it's already been 15 years. Actually, we were dating for 5 1/2 years before that, so DH and I have been together for 20 years. That's a long time! I still can't believe I got him to fall for me and I can't imagine what life would have been like without him. He doesn't do everything I want, of course, but he is constantly trying to do things for me. He's been great for my ego and we make beautiful children together. He is a wonderful companion and he knows how to make me laugh. I am so thankful that we have the life that we have together.

No photos of the two of us today, though. It's been rainy, dark, and cloudy all day and I would have had to rely on one of my kids to take the photo. Maybe tomorrow... :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Happy anniversary to you! Doesn't time pass so quickly??