Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Today is my Dad's 76th birthday. Dad has always loved watching sports. I remember when he was re-enacting a baseball player sliding into base but stopping a little too short and then crawling quickly on the ground towards the base. He did this little re-enactment on the living room couch, and it still makes me smile to picture him doing this. My Dad has always taken such good care of my Mom and my sisters and me--in every way. I still remember when he used to pick up my laundry on Friday when I was in college and bring it back folded on Sunday. He's also always been a man of very few words. I remember when DH first met him, my Dad barely said anything to him. Of course, DH being a man of very plentiful words, was scared to death because Dad was so quiet. Of course it all worked out. :) With his actions, however, he has always shown how much he loves us all.

Over the years, the Parkinson's has taken its toll, but I still see that same Dad I've always known. I still see the Dad who taught us how to drive. We blame this for turning his hair white. ;-) I still see the Dad who, when he sees me, will smile at me and pat me on the head. I see the Dad who with my Mom drives three hours just to see me and my children, even though it tires out the both of them. I love you, Dad! Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo!

Catherine said...

Love the photo of your parents with all the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Mel...what a beautiful tribute to your Dad...I love pics of grandparents surrounded by their grandkids...great pic