Saturday, August 11, 2007

Birthday Girl


Today is my DD's fifth birthday. I tried so hard to make this a special day for her. She requested banana pancakes for breakfast, so I made them for her. She wanted a certain Princess backpack from Target for school (which starts on Monday) so I got that for her. She loves ice cream, so my sisters (who are in town for the weekend) made her this rather cool no-bake "ice cream cake". She wanted to do crafts again at Lakeshore Learning, so we did that (see below for photo of the girls and their necklaces). Along the way, things turned ugly. You see, when the cousins come for a visit, DD doesn't sleep. She goes to bed later and wakes up earlier. Simply--she was exhausted today! If it hadn't been her birthday today, I would have sent her to bed to take a nap many, many times. *Sigh*--but I didn't. Yes, there were moments where she managed to have fun. There were moments where she was adorable. More often, however, she was a big, crabby, grouch!

We're having her party in two weeks. I hope she's much more congenial then!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to DD! And the crabby grouch thing? Rears its ugly head again as a tween....only there's not a really good reason for it.

Anita said...

Aw, it's tough to get older, mom. She's just touchy about her age! ;)