As promised, this is a photo of DD's face when I asked her to continue counting as part of her homework assignment earlier this week. Doesn't she look totally exhausted? She was much better today, although I didn't have to plug through homework with her today. I did, however, get her to sign some thank you cards, which she did willingly. A friend of mine told me that she doesn't allow her kids to play with their birthday gifts until they finish their thank you notes. That would be too painful for DH and me right now, since we're still the ones that write DD's thank you notes, so we modified that rule. She just has to do a thank you note for each gift that she plays with, so we can do a few of the thank you notes at a time.
I actually sat down and made two dozen thank you cards this week. I'm crazy, I know, but it fulfilled my creative needs for the week. I was too tired to do anything else that required more thought. DD likes the cards, too, so she has fun "picking out" which thank you card to give to which friend.
Here's an update of DS#3 and solid food. He seems to be coming along with the solid food. He enjoys the oatmeal for the most part, but it does take quite a bit of time to feed him, and it seems to be causing some constipation. Instead of the frequent containment leaks, he just has one a day. Oh Joy!
This boy really needs to cut his tooth soon. He keeps biting on things and gets very cranky. He was looking longingly at the bread we were eating the other day, so we gave him a piece of it. He really went to town on that piece of bread. I know DH can't wait until DS can eat real food. It will be a lot easier and faster to feed him then.
This photo was taken today. He was in a much better mood today, probably because he slept later this morning. I hope he lets us sleep tomorrow, too. I need the extra energy to write more thank you notes! :)
5 comments:
That little boy is such a cutie! I love his dimples in the oatmeal picture.
And what a sad photo of your DD! She looks completely worn out!
He really is just the cutest thing. I'm kind of behind on reading blogs, but I had to come and catch up. I have to live vicariously through your blog and Catherine's. You two have far more interesting lives!
LOL!!! More interesting lives??
Really love the kids' photos. That sad face one of DD is just hilarious. Poor, pathetic thing!
Your poor dd! I love the pics of your son too, I hope teething goes well for you!
Such cute pictures! All those thank you cards, I bet your hand hurts!
Post a Comment