I changed my own flat tire today! I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never changed my own flat tire before. Usually we had some service do it or someone like DH or my Dad did it. I got my flat tire on the way to work. I was exiting the freeway when I heard the familiar sound coming from the back of my car. Luckily, this was close to the entrance gate for work because I really did not want to stop at the side of the road. It was still dark (before 6:30AM) and there were a lot of cars around that were going very fast. I decided to risk going all the way to the parking lot and parking. That way I could drop my stuff off and enlist someone to help me.
At first I was just going to ask one of the guys at work to do it for me. There was one willing volunteer. He was retired military working there as a civilian. I don't know why I felt like sharing that, but maybe it's because that would give you an insight to why he was so helpful. We were discussing how I could call my roadside service when I decided that I wanted to try to do it myself. He said he would help me.
We got out there a little before 8AM. It was already rather hot and steamy. My helper had the foresight to bring out a blanket for us to use to kneel on. He talked me through the process as well as giving me tips, like not jacking the car up too high and using my own weight to loosen the lug nuts. He even got on the bare ground to get my full size spare tire out from under my car. He actually got rather dirty and we were both sweating.
I probably don't need to be this descriptive, but when it was all finished I had a good feeling--a sense of accomplishment. When I called DH to describe to him the whole process, his only comment was--"So is it all done?" Oh well, if he doesn't want to hear about me describing my day, then I guess I'll just type it all out on the blog and he can read it later. :)
2 comments:
I can hear you roar all the way out here! :)
Congrats!!! Changing a tire is a rewarding experience when you do it for the first time. It was great of that gentleman to help you too :)
Post a Comment