Yes, we are very happy that Papa is home! He could tell that Lola and Lolo held DS#3 a whole lot when they were here because apparently, DS#3 didn't want to be put down today. :) Actually, the picture of DS above was not from Papa being home. My Mom bought him this outfit which included that hat. I put it on him and he actually didn't try to get it off like the other kids did with their hats at this age. He even seemed to enjoy it, as you can see from the photo. Isn't he adorable? ;-)
I took this next photo of my Mom holding DS#3 while he slept. There was a lot of that going on. It looks like both of them are enjoying the bonding time. Isn't that the most beautiful sight?My Mom did everything for me when she was here, but I'm glad DH is back so we can try to get back to normal. For the first time, DH had to get the kids ready for school this morning by himself while getting the baby ready to take with him. When the kids got out of school in May, there were really only about three days when he had to do that himself since I was on maternity leave almost to the end of school.
The kids and I went to the pool yesterday. This was actually the first time I've gone to our neighborhood pool this year, and it's the first time I've actually had to take all four of them without DH along. I didn't bother wearing a swimsuit since I knew I would be with the baby. He didn't stay asleep as I had hoped. He actually sat in his stroller for a bit, though, playing with his hands. He only fussed a little when he wanted to be carried. I dipped his feet in the water, and he seemed to like it this time. It has been warm and humid outside after the recent rain. Despite my usual dislike of being outside in this type of weather, it was nice and relaxing to watch the kids play so well together, and it was nice to play with the baby in the pool, too.For some reason, this felt like the real end of summer, even though the kids have been in school for a week. I think it's because, now that DH is back in town, we'll be settling into our Fall Semester routine. That means five soccer practices a week and probably at least four to five games a week. Ah, I miss those lazy days of Summer already!
6 comments:
awwww...your pix are always so great Melanie! Keep 'em coming!!! YOu have a beautiful family!
I love ds#3 in that hat!!! The bottom photo begs for a LO!!!
I love ALL the pics in this post! The first one is ADORABLE, and I'm looking forward to the page for the last one! Of course, the one of Mom w/ the baby is so so sweet...aww - I wish I were there so I could hold him for 'ya! ;-)
I just LOVE your photos, you always have the best snapshots!
Awwww.....look at all these great photos!!! Love baby in his hat!
I love the picture of the 3 of them, so cute!
Just love to see little ones in hats!
Post a Comment