Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Carols

Today's prompt is about Christmas carols:

List your favorite Christmas carols. Pick a favorite Christmas Carol and describe what makes it your favorite. If you don't have a favorite Christmas carol, then describe why you don't like them or why you have too many favorites.


I love Christmas carols so much that I like to sing them year-round. My kids love them so much that they each request at least one Christmas song every night before they go to bed. I have many favorites, but I love O Holy Night and The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) the most.

O Holy Night has such a powerful melody, and I find myself wanting to sing it at the top of my lungs with all of the emotion of a Diva. My voice hardly equal to a Diva's, however, so I am always disappointed that the sound I hear is not what I feel.

The Christmas Song has the opposite effect. I find it very calming, especially the version sung by Nat King Cole. I can just picture my family gathered around a warm fire in the fireplace when I hear this song.

I could go on and on, and tomorrow I might find some new favorites. There is a radio station in town that is playing Christmas Music all the time during the Holidays. I think even I would tire of hearing Christmas songs on the radio year-round, but for now, I enjoy listening to that station on my way to and from work.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

These are great songs....love them both!

The Mom said...

Have you been listening to 105.3, they have been playing Christmas music all the time too and I love it!!

Love your new picture at the top!!