Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Double Teeth

Remember when I posted about DD getting a new tooth growing in behind her bottom front teeth? That was way back at the beginning of September (HERE). Now she has had double teeth on the bottom front of her mouth for a good month or so. Those front teeth are loose, but she's just not wiggling them. It's uncomfortable for her, so she just doesn't want to do it. We've "threatened" her with having them pulled at the dentist, but since she's never had a bad experience at the dentist, she doesn't really know what this means. We don't want her to be scared, of course, so the teeth are still there.

She went to the dentist for her checkup yesterday. He said that he was going to order some sort of numbing liquid (also for his DD who has a loose tooth as well), so he wouldn't have to give her a shot. His office is only open two days next week and we have friends visiting from out of town, so the next time we could go back would be the first week in December. We can only hope that she'll wiggle those baby teeth out before then.

7 comments:

The Mom said...

Sorry she's not wiggling them. Once Ian's were loose I called the dentist cause I didn't know if he should or shouldn't wiggle them and they said wiggle so he wiggled and wiggled them all day long and they popped right out!! Hope it doesn't come to having to pull them because I had to have them pulled as a kid and it ruined dentist visits for me!!

PS> Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving, I'll be off line and wanted to say hi and maybe we can get together one day after the holiday!!

Rachael said...

Macy had one of those on the bottom! The one in front took a bit to fall out, but it finally came and now the other one is finally moving to the front!

Helmka Family said...

Awww...poor thing! I sure hope you can get her to wiggle them.
Good luck!
karen

Pam Sivage said...

Hope you can get her to wiggle them or eat lots of apples!!

Anonymous said...

You know I told a couple people about her teeth, and I was surprised that it's not all that uncommon. Looking at the pic, though, it just looks bizarre! Hope it all works out!

Lily said...

that happened to my son also but the tooth in front came out pretty quickly

Catherine said...

Wow! Hope she gets them wiggled out soon!