Saturday, November 15, 2008

Future Chatterbox

DS#3 has been talking a lot more lately. My mom and dad are here visiting, and he's been calling them by name. The kids have always called them "Lola" and "Lolo" for the Filipino words for "Grandma" and "Grandpa". DS#3 has been calling them "Yoya" and "Yoyo". He also says "Hi" and "Bye" frequently at the same time as doing his one-hand opening and closing-type wave. When I let him play with my flip cell phone, he'll flip it open, put it at the side of his head, and say "Heh-yo". Some other words that he can say: boo (book), eat (eat), see (sit), voo (move), beebee (beep beep), uff (off), up (up or down), no (no or yes), my mi (my milk), moo (milk). He can also say our names: Mama and Papa, of course, Ah-ee (Anthony), Ah-ye (Alex), Nah-ee (Natalie). He talks in this cute little voice and he sounds SO cute! He has also been "singing" a lot lately. It's high-pitched and sounds almost like DD's singing, but it's so much less annoying. I'm not sure why, but it may be because the pitch of his voice, although high, isn't as painful to our ears as DD's.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I just love the little kidlet chatter. Edward has started saying a few things and it's so cute!

Lily said...

how cute. i love those first words

Helmka Family said...

Awww...so cute! I love when little ones talk.
Karen

Pam Sivage said...

Love hearing those little ones chatter!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

cute cute cute! Can't wait to see you guys again so that I can hear that little voice.