Okay, so I know that it's not Veteran's Day anymore. That was yesterday. I started my blog entry yesterday, but then I couldn't think of anything to write, so here I am today. The kids still had school, but since it was a Federal Holiday, I was off from work. I volunteered in DD's class again. I hung around for a bit after the class went to P.E. so I got to chat with DD's teacher for a bit. She's such a nice lady and she really seems to enjoy teaching. I'm so happy that she is DD's teacher.
They were having a Veteran's Day presentation at the school in the afternoon, but I couldn't go since I had a hair appointment. Since I work with veterans almost daily, one could say that I honor them almost daily. Freedom isn't free, after all. I'm so thankful for what our military does (and has done) for us. I can live the way I do because they have sacrificed their lives fighting for my (our) freedom and way of life.
On a less serious note (I always have to have a story involving one of the kids, right?) I have to write about what happened to DH this afternoon. I'm at work tonight, so he had to take DD to her dance class (4-5PM), then go home and get ready to go out again to take DS#2 to soccer practice (6-7:30PM). DH was talking with DS#1 about his homework assignment. DS#2 was getting his soccer gear on. DD was changing from her leotard to regular clothes. Apparently, DS#3 went out the garage door, got the wagon, and was halfway into the street before a neighbor found him. What made it worse was that this neighbor is the one DH and I always talk about as being the one who lets her young children run around unsupervised outside. We were horrified!
3 comments:
uh-oh!
That is always scary! At least he didn't get far.
I'm glad he didn't escape too far!
Post a Comment