Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Love This Boy!

I took this picture about a week and a half ago, but I only downloaded it from the camera yesterday. DH and I were out to lunch at Paesano's, a local Italian restaurant, and one of our favorites. I tried many times to get a "normal" expression on DS#3's face, but I got lots of cheesy smiles, unhappy faces, lots of looking down and all around, etc. Then, I got this one. I can see his bright eyes and dimples. I can see light brown/dark blonde hair that's too long because he won't let us cut it. I can even see a little mischief in that grin.

DH and I were talking this morning about how lucky we are to have DS#3. We tried for so long and had so many problems before being blessed with this little boy. There was even a time when we weren't sure we wanted to go through diapers and sleepless nights again. It's not that DS#3 is an easy baby. He takes up a lot of time and attention. He doesn't like to take naps. Like most kids, he wants what he wants when he wants it. It's just that DS#1 and DD weren't so affectionate when they were this age, and DS#2 just cried all the time. DS#3 runs up to me after a long hard day at work. He's all excited and all he wants to do is give me a hug. He'll run away soon after to do his own thing, but that one hug just makes it all worth it. The other day he saw another kid in his Gymboree Play class run up to their parent and give them a hug. Then he said, "Papa" and ran up to DH to give him a hug. DH told me that just made his day too.

This little boy was a lot of work today. He didn't get to take a nap because DS#1 had two soccer games. He kept running out onto the soccer field with his little ball. He wouldn't eat very much at lunch. I'm just reminding myself how blessed I am--just in case I forget. :)

6 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

yup - that's a GREAT photo! So full of personality. Give him an extra hug for me, since he'll let you and everything (aww!)

Lily said...

he's so sweet! Just think how well that feisty personality will serve him later on in life

Catherine said...

Look at that sweet face! That's such a wonderful picture!

Laura said...

I would have to say that looks like a priceless photo. His face has a lot of expressions and he's so cute!

Helmka Family said...

Adorable photo!!!
Karen

Lynne said...

Oh, my!! What a cutie!!