Monday, November 03, 2008

I'm Not an Outdoors Person

Tonight, DH dropped off DS#2 at soccer practice, and then he and DS#1 went to "Magnet Night" at one of the local middle schools where the eighth graders and their parents can explore the available Magnet high schools in our area. For those of you not familiar with that term, Magnet schools are specialized public schools. Some are designed to put kids in jobs out of high school. Some are more designed to be college preparatory programs in specific subject areas. DH and I are a little overwhelmed with all of the choices, but we're still glad we have those options.

This left me at home with DD and DS#3. It was a nice evening, especially since the sun was already going down. I don't usually go outside because it's usually too hot. The last couple of weeks have been gorgeous here, however, and even an indoor person like me has been coaxed outside. DS#3 carried his sister's old Size 3 pink and black soccer ball out to the culdesac. Most of the time he just held it there, but sometimes he dropped it and would kick it forward, chasing it and giggling as he kicked it. He was pretty adorable but alas, I didn't have a camera. Sometimes it's better to just enjoy the moment.

Speaking of adorable, I took this photo on Saturday. The sun got a little hot but it felt nice in the shade. DD of course complained about being hot, so she used one of our golf umbrellas. DD and DS#3 looked so cute under that umbrella that I got the camera out. Of course, DS#3 had to show that cheesy grin of his. He just cracks me up when he does that!

Later, DS#3 climbed onto DD's lap. I just love how he brings out the best in his siblings and that he has so much fun with them. It was so cute that of course, once again, I took out my camera. Once again, out came that cheesy grin! I just love this picture because both of them look so happy. :)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

These are such cute photos! And it's hard to wrap my brain around it being hot in November.

Pam Sivage said...

Cheesy or not! Adorable!

scrappermimi said...

Thanks so much for sharing these great pictures! I just love the bottom one especially, adorable!