Friday, January 09, 2009

Having a Bad Week

I know I keep saying it, but I have had such a bad week at work. Today, I spoke with one of my colleagues and he made me feel a lot better about this. We're presenting this case next Tuesday, so I'm still a bit stressed out but a little less so. I am SO glad that today is Friday!

So, I've been having this horrible week, and it got even worse tonight. My maternal uncle has been sick for a while, but in much more serious condition since last July. His first grandchild was born in October and he has barely been able to see him. My mom has called me whenever there is anything new with his condition. Well, last night she called and said that they had removed his dialysis catheter. Tonight she called and said that they had removed his feeding tube and had placed him on a morphine infusion. *SIGH*

I just remember my uncle being so full of life and being such a cool uncle. A few years back we were visiting his house. As we were leaving, he slipped a fifty dollar bill into DS#1's pocket. That was his way of giving me money indirectly. Here I was with a good-paying job and my own family, and he was giving me money just like he did when I was much younger. He made me feel like a kid again. He was always sending my mom care packages which included ten pound bags of pistachios because he knew DH loved them. I just can't believe that the end might be near! I keep hoping that I'm wrong. :( My poor mom! I just want to be able to give her a big hug! She lost one of her older brothers last year and now this is a younger brother. :(

I need to end this post with a positive note. This is a page I just completed tonight for an ad challenge on Playground of Memories. It's a bit out of my comfort zone like I've been all week, because of the "randomness" of the photo placement. After looking at this for a while, I'm starting to like the design more and more. It's more interesting and less boring than my usual straight alignment of photos and elements. I hope being uncomfortable this past week will make me a better person in the end.

5 comments:

Laura said...

So sorry your uncle isn't doing well. At least you have many good memories with him!
Love your take on that "out of the box" layout!

Catherine said...

I'm very sorry about your uncle. I think it's wonderful, though, that you have such tender and wonderful memories!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Sorry it's been a cr*pola week. I almost don't want to pick the phone up when I see it's Mom calling now. *sigh*
I am glad you were able to finish your ad challenge page! Scrapping can be so therapeutic.

Pam Sivage said...

So sorry about your uncle and the bad week! I do really like your layout. Hopefully things will be better next week with work also!

Helmka Family said...

Sorry about your bad week and your uncle! Great layout! Love all the photos.
TFS!
Karen