Monday, January 12, 2009

Parking

This is my picture of the day for yesterday. DH took this one. He's been taking lots of photos lately and I think it's great. He gets to see a part of our family life that I'm not always there for because of work or whatever. I think I was either at work during this photo or upstairs bathing the kids. He tried to get into the laundry room but found it difficult. The reason was that DS#3 had parked his vehicles inside the laundry room! There's also a doll stroller in there behind the laundry room door. I say laundry room door because there are also two closet doors there. They used to belong to DS#1's closet, but were removed a while back because one of them was damaged. Besides the multiple doors, there is the laundry stuff and then that blue bag in the back is filled with gift bags, gift wrap, etc. I guess DS#3 figured it wouldn't hurt to add a few extra things in there. Maybe Mama and Papa won't notice if I put this in here...

This is my photo for today. The youngest two were watching Dora. For whatever reason, DS#3 was getting in this crouching position on the sofa and DD must have thought it was a good idea and got in the same position. I wish I could have gotten a photo of the front view, but as usual, the moment had passed. Both of them love watching Dora and Diego. They both really love dancing to the intro music. DS#3 was even "clapping" by using hitting his trains together. He's been getting very interactive with these shows. He'll try to repeat all the words and he does so at a large volume sometimes. He's even learning some Spanish. Too cute!

This was a "just because" photo tonight. It wasn't a "bath night" for the youngest two. Because of our dry skin problems, we try to only give them baths every other day, unless they've been playing hard outside and getting filthy, of course. Well, DS#3 insisted on getting a bath tonight. He tried to climb into the bathtub with all of his clothes on! He was very happy when I did give him a bath and especially when I put these Thomas the Tank Engine PJs on. According to DH, DS#3 fussed this morning when DH was changing him out of these PJs into day clothes. He really loves the trains on these PJs.

After his bath, DS#3 smelled so good that I told him that he smelled good enough to eat. Unfortunately, I think this made him realize that he wanted a little snack, so he kept saying "ee foo" which roughly probably translates to "eat food". Mama needs to be careful what she says. He had a cheese stick, so obviously that made him happy. :)

It's really difficult coming up with titles for these blog entries! Parking fits the overall theme, so there you go. DS#3 parked his toys, he parked himself in front of the TV, and he parked himself at the dining table. :)

6 comments:

SALTZWORKS said...

Ah Melanie - so adorable! Just look at that 'cheese' grin for a 'cheese-stick' ;)
I love taking a peek and seeing how you all are doing - love that you are doing the daily snapshots!

Lily said...

rofl at the parking lot. Madison will do that with her assorted doll cars. makes me nuts!

Catherine said...

My favorite is of the kids on the couch....that is just so cute!

Generic Universe said...

If I recall correctly, the parking area was found after the little ones were already in bed. I was trying to get in the laundry room to, well, get laundry out of the dryer. DS#1 heard me laughing and came to see why. I had him get me the camera because I thought it was so funny.

Helmka Family said...

These are fabulous and fun photo! The second is my fav.
Great job!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey Melanie - great daily pics, you are amazing to take time to do this plus scrapbook with your busy schedule - nice to see everyone is well, tell DH hello for me
email me at mbrown@hersheys.com if ya can squeeze it in -
Michele