We got back this evening. I have over 500 pictures to wade through and delete or edit. That's not even counting the ones I might get on my Disney Photopass, so I'll show just a few today. After dropping off our stuff at the house and starting a load of laundry, we went out to DH's (and the kids') favorite restaurant. This is my photo of the day for today. DH wanted me to give a shout out to G because he would probably be jealous to see DH having the Chicken Enchiladas Mole and drinking his second margarita here! ;-)
I'm going to back track here a bit. I didn't get a chance to post about having lunch with DD on Friday, January 16th, the day we left for Disney. She was chosen for something called "Kid's Cafe" at school. What that means is that she got to eat lunch up on the stage in their cafeteria. She could choose one person to eat with. When DS#2 got this a couple of months ago, he chose one of his school friends. DD chose me. To be honest, I think she chose me just so I would bring her McDonald's, but there's a slight chance she just wanted to eat with me. :) She ate her cheeseburger in less than 5 minutes and chatted nonstop the rest of the time about our Disney trip and how excited she was to be spending time with her cousin who was going to be there, too.
DH and spent the rest of that afternoon packing. As soon as the younger kids got home from the bus, we picked up DS#1 from his school and then we were off to the airport. This is just a silly photo of DS#3 on one of the chairs at our airport gate as we waited to board. We got to our hotel very late. We were using the Disney Magical Express that brings your luggage to you at your Disney Resort. It's convenient because you don't have to stop off at Baggage Claim, but then you have to wait for them to deliver your luggage to your room. We didn't get our luggage until the next morning. We were prepared for that, however, and we packed some nightclothes and clean underwear for the kids in our carry-on baggage.
This is one of my favorite photos of the whole trip. DS#3 is having so much fun. He was shoveling sand onto DS#1's leg and he thought that was so cool! DS#1 is SO good with him and I love how they are having so much fun together in this photo. As you can see, we also forgot swim diapers/swimsuit for DS#3, which meant sandy clothes. This was taken on Sunday, January 18th and the temps were in the 70s. DD swam in the hotel pool, but the boys did not. They all played in the sand and they all enjoyed themselves doing it. This was a recurring theme despite a drop in the temperatures.
I took some a closeup of DS#3's face just after he had shoveled some more sand onto his brother's leg. This photo shows perfectly how much fun we had at Disney this past week. It was a nice, long, relaxing vacation. Disney really is the "happiest place on earth", and this was a well-timed trip for us. :)More details on the trip tomorrow (as well as more photos) and in the following days.
6 comments:
I am very excited to see and hear how the trip was!! We need to try to get together soon!!
Sounds and looks like a fabulous trip away to another world!! I'm glad you had a great time and can't wait to see more photos and hear more stories!
Yay! I really needed to get my fix of the kids' pics. :D
So glad you had fun - how sweet that N chose you to join her in the "cafe", and I love the pic of your oldest and youngest just playing together! Welcome home.
I love those fun photos of your boys! They look like they're just having the best time!
Tell P that I am insanely jealous of the El Mirasol pic! He owes me one, or two. Sorry to hear about the crowds, they always say go in January. From my weather reports it got pretty cold too. Glad you we at the happiest place on earth! We HAVE to join you next time.
Hah! G. this is an official IOU *3* margaritas at El Mirasol! (call it 1 for going to Disney and 2 more for going to El Mirasol right after getting back home) Now, I need to point out that I didn't say anything about covering your travel costs down here ;).
Post a Comment