Saturday, March 07, 2009

My Creative Son

I just wanted to do this quick post before we shut down everything at home here. DS#1 was assigned a "Holocaust Project" due after Spring Break. Since we're going away for the whole week, he had to finish it all before we left. He finished this yesterday. He was supposed to use this poem about the Holocaust with pictures. He came up with this all on his own. This first picture is his poster board folded up to look like the front gates of Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp.

This second photo is of the project opened up. He painted the background himself using watercolors. I already gave him a hard time about doing this painting in his bedroom on his bed, but he said he took precautions using a bunch of towels. His baby brother even came in a few times and closed his watercolors, but luckily didn't mess with his water cup. Being the perfectionist that I am, I told him that he should have used a ruler for his Star of David. Overall, DH and I are really proud of him for this project. It's a dark subject (as is the poem he used), but this project really conveys the darkness of the subject. We're also proud of him for completing it way before it is due. Yay, son!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

What a great project...he did a great job with it and no doubt learned a lot!

Helmka Family said...

He did an amazing job! Really like how he folded the front. Hard subject.
Karen