Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Playing In The Snow

I remember playing in the snow as a little girl. I played until my runny nose became bad enough that I had to go inside to get a tissue. My DD did not have that problem. She played and played out in the snow. Even when her brothers came inside to warm up, she stayed out there playing and playing.

Most of the time, DD hung out with DS#2, or at least in his "fort". For some reason, he kept digging this tunnel-type "fort" (can you see DD peeking out?). He would get upset if anyone messed with it. Luckily, when the new snowfall last Tuesday caused part of it to collapse, he said he didn't mind too much--maybe because he had more snow to rebuild it with. This was his main activity--using a shovel to dig, dig, dig.

DS#1 made a simpler fort. Basically it was just a wall to somehow protect him from all of DS#2's snowballs. This rather fits his personality--utilitarian but functional with as little effort as possible. Luckily for DS#1, his minimal effort is usually way more than adequate. :)

Now, what did require a bit of effort was DS#2 getting buried in the snow. I just know that I heard him suggesting to his siblings and cousin that they bury him under the snow, and then the next thing I know he's in this tower of snow. He started getting cold, so he started getting himself out. DH took a series of photos of him doing that. I'm going to have to figure out how to scrapbook those photos.

Here's a picture that DH took of the kids. Doesn't DS#2 look like he's freezing? I just know that all of them look like they're having a blast!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

It really looks like a lot of fun!

Jules said...

I'll bet snow is a fun change for them. Love that tunnel!