Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Cleaning

So here I am posting again even if I just said yesterday that I was only going to post every other day. I just got some great pictures today, so I thought I'd go ahead and share them. I even have a good title. :)

The morning started out routinely with me making banana chocolate chip pancakes and turkey bacon. DS#3 had already had a banana and some grapes but when he saw me in the kitchen, he grabbed the stool and pulled himself up to the counter. I knew what he wanted. He wanted chocolate chips. At least this time he also ate a couple of pieces of bacon and a pancake afterwards. Usually he has the chips and he's done. He's not doing his cheesy smile because his mouth is busy. :)

Next came our "Spring Cleaning". DH is pretending to choke DD because he is exasperated with cleaning out her room. That girl has so much stuff in there! She's a packrat like her mama but not nearly as neat (see below). *WINK* DH also did a great job starting to clean off that desk that DD uses in the office. I didn't get a chance to take a "before" photo there, but I am quite sure that it will return to that horribly messy state again eventually.

I can't believe I'm even showing this picture, because it's a little embarrassing to me. This is a picture of the sofa in my bedroom. It's been messy for a really long time, but it got worse when we installed the wood floors downstairs. I put stuff that had been on the floor in the office and left it on this sofa and it's been there since. There are projects in there that I started at Creating Keepsakes University in 2006. Anyway, I started trying to clean it off today. I haven't made a significant dent in the stuff yet, but I'll get there. I took this "before" photo so I can take an "after" one later.

Of course I always have to throw in a cute photo of DS#3. He came to me this afternoon with two burp cloths like he was ready to take a nap. He started laying on this chair and ottoman that are also in my bedroom. He did the cheesy smile for another photo, but then he started doing this. I just thought it was a really good photo of what his "real" face looks like (as opposed to the "cheesy" face).

Oh, and I almost forgot. I have to tell this funny story that happened at church today. We were in this outer area of the church where people with noisy, small children tend to sit (no cry room at this church). There was a little girl who was probably about 12-15 months, very cute and tiny. I was coming out of the bathroom with DS#3 when she walked up to him. At first he just stared, but when she started getting close he started walking and then running towards me, looking back at her like he was scared. I told him that she just wanted to play, but he wanted to be picked up. Too funny! Her mother thought it was funny too. :)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, Melanie!! I can't believe how big your little guy is!!

Macy is a packrat too. She gets it from my hubby and mother in law!! I can get a huge garbage bag of trash from her room every week! lol

Catherine said...

No cry room at our church either. I walked the halls with the SPBG this morning.

Jules said...

ROFL at the couch!!!