Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Vertical Line-up

Wow, what a day! I'm not sure how detailed I should get in explaining this, because the details probably won't make sense to anyone else. Basically, this morning, I was "in charge" but I didn't have all the information or help that I needed to do my job (since I was off yesterday when the arrangements were supposed to be made). When I sought the information from two of my colleagues, they basically blew me off. One went so far as to tell me to calm down. Admittedly, I might have gotten a little worked up by that point, but I got so upset that I started tearing up. I hate it when I do that! The rest of the day I was trying to make do with less people than I needed, and with people who were "available" but were nowhere to be found. UGH!

Thanks goodness for DH! Not only was I able to vent my frustrations to him over the phone, but he took my photos for today! :) When I have days like these, I don't often feel inspired to take photos, but in those cases, it seems, DH is there to take photos for me.

Notice the frustrated look on DS#3's face. In fact, in another photo taken just after this one, he is crying! He is trying to stack these cars and he just couldn't understand why the top one kept falling off. DH also took a photo of two trains stacked on one another, and two cars stacked on top of tall Duplo towers.

This one just took the cake. At first, DH didn't believe that DS#3 stacked these himself, but the other kids denied any knowledge of it. When I took this last photo, DH and I witnessed DS#3 stacking cars on top of the Duplo towers. He made it look effortless, so maybe he has a steady hand for a toddler. Maybe he'll be a surgeon?

I need to mention one more upsetting thing. DS#2 got in trouble today for throwing the jalapenos from his lunch tray (over his shoulder) onto the floor. He managed to hit some other kids, and a grandfather having lunch with his grandchild ended up slipping on one and falling! DH and I were absolutely horrified. We also found out a few other things, so DS#2 has absolutely no privileges. It's too bad DH really wanted to go to his favorite restaurant tonight so he could have some margaritas, because we didn't feel like DS#2 deserved to go out to eat!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh yeah.....yank those privileges...for a WHILE. No fun for anyone, but those life lessons are ones that have to mean business. I'm sorry the work day was awful. And DS is quite the little liner-upper....in multiple directions!

The Mom said...

Sorry that you had a rough day!! HUGS all around!!

Love all the pictures of DS#3 lining stuff up!

Jules said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. I guess having mastered horizontal the only way left was vertical. Too cute. But uh-oh with your other son. He meant no harm but still needs to take responsiblity for his actions.