Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fiesta Texas Part 1

Today I went to work, DS#1 went to summer camp, and the rest of the family went to Fiesta Texas. It was a hot day so they rode mostly water rides. Thankfully, DH and my sister were both able to snap some pictures which I'll share below. I'm always sad when I miss fun family days like this, but at least through these pictures I get a little glimpse.

Are you wondering why my sister took a picture of the log ride seat? Do you see the colored lumps on the bottom left and right hand corners? See how frustrating shutter lag is when you're trying to take a picture of two 10-year-old boys who don't want their picture taken? :)

If you click on this picture you'll get a better look at DD's face which just cracked me up! She just looks so hot and bothered, but this was still in the morning. Apparently her face got better later when she got wet.

This was taken on one of those spinning rides that I usually try to avoid. The centrifugal force is pushing DD into DS#2 and for once he doesn't mind her so close. I love the pure joy on their faces and I love that DH was able to capture this moment in time. My sister and I were surprised that the kids didn't ride with the boys in one seat and the girls in another but instead they rode in brother-sister pairs. I was hoping it was because they were showing sibling love but my DS#2 brought me down to earth by telling me that the boys had to ride with the girls because they weren't tall enough to ride by themselves.

When I first saw this picture I thought to myself how cute that all of the kids were trying to help DS#3 drink from the cup. My sister introduced the additional concept that they were all waiting for their turn to drink from the cup. As I said before, it was really hot out there today! They're all wet from the water rides they were riding. Tomorrow they're planning on going to the waterpark at Fiesta Texas.

I had to include this picture, of course, of all the kids and especially DS#3 waiting for the train. Little man LOVES his transportation vehicles. Luckily he was able to take a little nap later in the afternoon while at the theme park. He should sleep well tonight--they should all sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It looks like a fun time for the kidlets....I'm LOL at the photo of the boys trying to get out of the way of the camera!