Thursday, April 14, 2011

Climbing, Curling, and Repainting

This little man is always climbing everywhere. We were on the sofa watching American Idol tonight and I noticed that he had hopped up on the back of the sofa. Natalie was at the dining room table and complained that he was obstructing her view. He totally ignored her, but when he saw the camera, he got that silly smile on his face and hopped back down.

Eric's favorite place to climb is on the outside of our stairs, just like his older siblings before him. I remember when Alex used to climb on the outside of the stairs before he could even walk. Eric also likes to climb on the railing at the top of the stairs and hang down from it, like a monkey. He apparently did that with an extra goal frame at Anthony's soccer game yesterday.

Patrick had so much fun taking the kids with him for that away game in New Braunfels (not really). Anthony stayed at school until it was time to go to the game since I was on call and since his school is on the way to New Braunfels but out of the way if Patrick had to go back and forth. They didn't get home until a little after 9pm, but at least Anthony's team won 8-0.

Everyone was at school by the time I got home from work this morning, even the little man, so I didn't get to see them until this afternoon. Then, I had to leave to take Natalie to her swim practice at the gym. After we got home we had dinner. Alex and Patrick were already at Alex's soccer practice. As we were watching American Idol (notice the blank stares on Eric's and Natalie's faces), Eric decided to play with this doll curling iron. He must have learned how to use it from seeing me use mine, which I found interesting since he's not usually in the bathroom when I curl my hair. Natalie didn't seem to mind him "curling" her hair at all. She even let him sit on top of her, which I thought was pretty sweet.

Patrick is gearing up to paint Anthony's room. It's the only room in the house that has never been repainted. The paint on there is the original builder's paint. While Natalie and I were at swim practice, Patrick and Anthony took apart Anthony's bed and put it in the formal dining room to make room. His nightstands are in the living room. The only thing they left in there was the dresser. There is too much furniture in there for such a small room.

The kids are off from school tomorrow for the Battle of Flowers Parade, so I took off from work too. Anthony is planning to go to Fiesta with his friends and then he'll be sleeping over at his friend's house. Patrick will be painting. I'll be taking the kids out to keep them occupied. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories to tell tomorrow.

No comments: