Last week I mentioned that the new parking garage at work was complete and they were doing "test runs" with a limited group of people with parking passes. Last Friday they sent out an email that they would be opening the garage to everyone. After work, on the bus ride back to my car, one of my colleagues mentioned that I should enjoy my last bus ride. I got a little sentimental after he said that, so I started taking pictures of the trip. I rarely went on post before we started using off-site parking over two years ago. Now that the parking garage is open, I don't plan on going on post unless I have to. I remember dreading the off-site parking when we started, we all dreaded it--but we all got used to it. We got used to the extra time it took. We got used to being able to chat with people we wouldn't have chatted with otherwise. We got used to not being able to come and go as we pleased.
This morning I parked in the parking garage for the first time. I was afraid that it would be hard to get in and out, because right now there is only one way in and out. It was SO easy! There were hardly any cars there when I drove in around 5:45am. There were hardly any cars coming out when I left at around 3:15pm. The biggest plus--my car wasn't hot when I got in it this afternoon, despite the 90 degree temperature. It'll probably get a little busier as more and more people start parking in the garage (some are still taking the bus), but I already know--I'm going to love the parking garage!
No comments:
Post a Comment