I always ask Alex if he can even see from behind those long bangs. It's like he's trying to hide. Of course in this picture he's trying to hide from my camera. Even independent observers have called his hairstyle "Bieber hair", but he'll still deny that his hair looks anything like "Bieber hair". I took these photos during dinner at Chili's yesterday. I'm not feeling inspired to write about anything in particular today so here are just a few tidbits.Alex had two games this weekend. His team lost both games despite playing pretty well. They just have a lot of trouble scoring. I'm not as familiar with all the strategies as Patrick is, and even I thought Alex played very well. He has admitted to me that he doesn't want to work too hard at soccer, so he's happy to play at the level he is at. Patrick and I wish he would move up to a more competitive team because he needs to be pushed a little to improve. I'm a little biased because he's my wonderful son, but I think he would have more fun if the rest of his team could play up to his level.
Natalie is so used to me taking pictures that she doesn't try to pose or anything. In fact, she went about drinking her drink even when I had the camera on her face. At least in this picture she doesn't have her mouth wide open. Natalie has a little trouble listening to her parents. She doesn't try to be difficult, it just comes naturally. It's like she can't focus on one thing and ends up totally tuning us out. Hopefully she'll get better as she gets older.Anthony can be such a ham sometimes. He's very good about letting me take pictures of him, and he purposely got in this photo just so he could make faces in the background. He didn't have any soccer games this weekend. Instead he did a some socializing, seeing a movie and going out to dinner on Friday night, and going to the mall with friends today. He is in no hurry to get his driver's license. It's much more convenient for him to be driven around town. At least he's starting to pay attention to how far things are from each other.
I have one funny story to end this post with. Last week, a colleague at work showed me this free app he got for his iPad, called "GunApp". Basically the app has pictures of different types of guns plus other things, and the gun you choose makes shooting noises when you tap the screen. I got the app for my Call of Duty-crazy boys, especially Eric. I showed this app to Alex in the car coming home from Chili's, and pretty soon, Natalie and Eric wanted to play the app too. So, not only are there gunfire sounds in my house because of the Call of Duty game, but now the gunfire was in the car, too. Anthony had not synced his phone so he didn't have the Gun app on his phone yet, so he pulled up the "Fart" app and played that instead. This scene was probably a "you had to be there" type of scene, but we shared a lot of laughs and it was fun...even if it involved gunfire.
No comments:
Post a Comment