Natalie was chosen for "Kid's Cafe" at lunch today. Basically that means that she got to invite someone to have lunch with her. There's a stage in their cafeteria and the Kid's Cafe kids get to have lunch there on tables and chairs instead of the long tables with benches that they usually sit at with their whole class. She usually asks for Wendy's Spicy Crispy Chicken Nuggets when I bring her lunch. She realized that today was Friday and that she wasn't supposed to eat meat, so she asked Lola to bring her some salmon. We usually don't make Eric and Natalie conform to the "no meat on Fridays" rule during Lent because they're so young, but we still encourage it. Lola was a little hesitant because she thought that the salmon would give off an unpleasant fishy odor, but I told her that it didn't matter because there are a lot of unpleasant odors in an elementary school cafeteria!
Lola was the only one that ate with her since Natalie was only supposed to invite one person. She brought salmon AND she brought a sliced mango. Natalie was in heaven!
I missed the above because I was at work (Patrick took the pictures). I also missed this sight. Eric was "not tired" but he fell asleep at the table after eating some banana. They had moved him to the sofa by the time I got home.
This is what I saw when I got home. Lolo and Eric were both taking a nap when I got home, so I snapped this picture. Lolo is a much lighter sleeper than Eric, though, and he woke up after I took this picture.From work I picked up Anthony and drove him across town to meet his friends for dinner and a movie. I got home by around 5pm, took the picture above, then Patrick and I decided to go to a nearby Happy Hour to get some spicy calamari and baked brie appetizers that we love. When we got home, we gave Eric a bath then we put him to bed by 7:30pm with his sister. Both kids were pretty tired. Eric also had a fever of 101. Hopefully he'll feel better for his birthday tomorrow. I can't believe he's going to be four!
No comments:
Post a Comment