Friday, April 22, 2011

Starbucks and Haircuts

They're here! My family just arrived, so I'll try to make this quick. First of all, my story begins with an event from yesterday. By the time I got home with Anthony yesterday, I only had enough time to change and go to the bathroom before heading back out to Natalie's swim practice. Eric was tired and not in the best mood, so Patrick was going to bring him to the boys' soccer practice instead of me bringing him to the gym. Eric was upset because he wanted to go to the gym. Patrick got him to quiet down by telling him that they could go to the gym today. Fast forward to today. I was going to take the other kids to get their haircuts. When I asked Eric if he wanted to go to the gym with Papa (as per their conversation from yesterday) he started crying and said that he wanted to go the gym with me. I told him, "But I'm not going to the gym." Then I realized that he didn't care about going to the gym, he just wanted to go somewhere with me. How could I refuse?

The kids' appointments started at 9am and mine was at 9:45am, so I dropped them off and I headed to Starbucks with Eric. That's our "thing". At first he was thrown off because we walked to Starbucks since it was so close to the hair salon. I convinced him that it was good exercise. When we got there, he almost decompensated again when they didn't have any blueberry scones. Eric is very obsessive-compulsive and needs to have things just so. Thankfully he was okay with getting a blueberry muffin instead.

Natalie got her hair trimmed and then she got it curled. I joked with my hairdresser about how she was going to be looking at herself in the mirror all day. She looks pretty cute with those bouncy curls. :) Here she's sitting next to our front door waiting for her cousins to arrive. Cynthia had said they would arrive by around 2pm, so when 2:30 rolled around, she was excited and anxious for them to arrive.

So, like I said at the beginning of this post--they're here! I'll be taking lots of photos this weekend that I'll share here later.

No comments: