I came downstairs to check on Eric. He looked up at me and said very sweetly, "Does my hair look nice, Mama?" I noticed that his hair was sopping wet and so was his shirt. Lately has been going into the downstairs bathroom and using Anthony's comb and lots of water from the sink to "comb" his hair. After all, his big brothers use that method all the time to calm their morning locks. He really wants to do things by himself to show what a "big boy" he is. So, when he asked me in the sweetest voice, "Does my hair look nice, Mama?" How could I say "no"? Even though I knew that the bathroom sink was a mess with water, how could I possibly say "no"?I also looked at him and saw my baby boy growing up. Sniff, sniff. I wanted to preserve this moment, so I asked him if I could take a picture of his nice hair so I could show Papa.
After the picture above, he then decided to get into his cozy coupe and tie the ribbon from the door to the hall table. He stopped to smile at me and the camera though. He has been known to tie thread from the refrigerator to the oven to the downstairs bathroom and back and forth to the refrigerator. That was a little harder to photograph and apparently that all happened within a span of about five minutes while Patrick was trying to get stuff done around the house. He also tied a long plastic "ribbon" (for lack of a better word) from the second floor down to the entryway and suspended one of his stuffed animals from it. Yes, this boy can get into some mischief, but sometimes it's hard to get mad when he seems so proud of himself for doing it.
Patrick and I often joke about the "cuteness" that keeps our kids alive during their early years. This boy has tons of "cuteness"!
No comments:
Post a Comment