Sunday, May 08, 2011

2011 Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! My two youngest children came into my bedroom this morning to greet me with "Happy Mother's Day" wishes and to give me hugs and kisses. I did get to "sleep in" somewhat. We woke up around 7am and I got up at around 9am. My dear husband made a breakfast of scrambled eggs and turkey bacon and we all sat down together to eat.

The rest of the day I just puttered around the house, mostly surfing on the Internet and playing on my phone. The boys played video games, Natalie played with her friend LL, and Eric just played. He was all over the place. He was played inside and outside. He complained that Natalie wasn't playing with him. He set up his toys all over the kitchen. For the most part he was happy, although he acted very tired and cranky some of the time.

We all went out for ice cream at Brindles about mid-afternoon, then Patrick grilled steaks for dinner. We all ate together, which seems to happen less and less. When Patrick went to Costco to get the steaks, one of the employees recognized him and asked him where all the kids were. She said that he was supposed to be taking all the kids while I relaxed. He told her that I don't see the kids as much as he does, so I always want to spend time with the kids. He is so right.

I really wanted a photo with the kids. The kids all complained, of course, but in the end they cooperated. I took a few test shots to adjust the white balance and exposure of the camera before I handed the camera off to Patrick. The kids acted normally and I love this "slice of life", so I put those unedited photos on a scrapbook page. I definitely want to remember these everyday moments.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love both the prep shots as well as the final product!