Monday, May 09, 2011

This Boy

This boy is covered in bumps and bruises, which hasn't slowed him down.

This boy loves swords and light sabers and keeps poking the walls and furniture with them.

This boy loves to tell his siblings what to do.

This boy has been playing hide and seek with Alex--except that when Alex asks him where he's hiding, he replies with his location. When he's "it" he'll ask where Alex is hiding and Alex will tell him a different location than where he's actually hiding.

This boy sat on the potty for a while yesterday and managed to poop in the potty (probably only the second or third time he's done that).

This boy was so excited today when Patrick told him that I was coming home early and that I would be taking him with me to pick up Natalie from school and then to Natalie's piano lessons.

This boy is bound to get cranky this weekend (along with his siblings) when we spend the night in San Marcos for Anthony's playoff games.

Ever since he was a baby, I would occasionally sing to him, "Mama loves Eric. Mama loves Eric." Recently I then added a part where I say, as if I could ever forget, "Who does Mama love again?" He replies emphatically, "Me!" Now he goes through the whole family, like "Eric loves Mama. Who does Eric love again? Mama!" He'll also say, "Alex loves Anthony. Who does Alex love again? Anthony!" and so on. Of course when Alex and Anthony hear this, they make funny faces at each other. Oh dear Eric, you make life challenging but also very fun and enjoyable. Mama loves Eric--of course!

No comments: