I'm constantly forgetting that I need more than 10 minutes to leave the house. Tonight, we finally convinced Eric to eat dinner at around 6pm. I started eating dinner too. He was done by around 6:20pm, and I thought all I had to do was wash his hands and we could leave to get to Natalie's swim team practice by 6:30pm. Well, he said he had to go to the potty. Of course his diaper was wet from before so I had to change it. He only had two diapers in his diaper bag so I had to get more diapers. I told him to put on his shoes. His sneakers were out, but he complained that he didn't have any socks. I told him to wear his sandals instead, but he didn't know where they were. Luckily Alex was there to help me, because Natalie was not helpful at all. Patrick and Anthony were at his soccer practice. Oh, and Eric argued with me about calling his sneakers "tennis shoes" and not sneakers. He also argued that his sandals aren't "shoes".Natalie ended up being exactly on time to get in the pool with her group. During her swim team practices, Eric insists on going to the "park", aka the playscape near the pool. He was on the swing for most of the time and doing crazy things. He would lean back or lean forward so that his head was pointing towards the ground. He would stand up on the swing seat. He would also lay on his belly on the swing. He was being such a boy!
This morning, Eric had his four-year-old appointment with the pediatrician. He measured out at 32 pounds and 38 1/2 inches tall. Apparently, that puts him at around 5' 6" when he's all grown. Patrick and I still hope he'll grow to be a little taller than that. He also got four immunization shots today and did wonderfully with them. Patrick said that before the shots, he talked to Eric about how the shots would hurt a little and that he needed the shots to be able to go to school. He also told Eric that it was better to hurt a little bit than to get sick and hurt a lot later on. He compared the shots to the bruises and scrapes that Eric has all over and how when he got those they hurt a little and then they stopped hurting. Eric nodded his head. Then, Patrick told Eric to look at him and then to take a deep breath and then blow it out right before the shots and that it wouldn't hurt as much. Amazingly, Eric didn't cry or even tear up. He didn't even say "Ow"! Can you imagine? The other kids all cried, but not Eric. Patrick pretty much spoiled him the rest of the day. What a big boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment