Eric loves the play area at those fields, which was a good thing to start with, but when the game started, Patrick and I both wanted to watch the game. This time the field was not right next to the play area. Eric cried and cried about going back to play in the play area until I finally managed to bribe him with a lollipop, Goldfish crackers, and Gatorade. At halftime I let him go back to the play area. He was so happy there! He didn't want to go back to the game and I didn't have the heart or the energy to make him leave again. I settled for being able to watch from afar.
We played against this same team during the regular season, the game I missed because I was working. They beat us 2-1 then, but this time we beat them 2-1. The boys played pretty well today with lots of shots on their goal. We'll see them again during the state playoffs/tournament in two weeks (weekend of May 14-15).We stopped off at Schlotzky's (Anthony's choice) on the way home so we didn't get home until around 2pm. That meant that Alex and Natalie spent the whole day by themselves--and the house didn't burn down and they didn't kill each other. There might be some hope for those two after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment