Monday, October 10, 2011

Album for Lola

I've been busy this weekend putting this album together. I can be a perfectionist but I was trying to remember that all that Lola (my grandmother) cares about is the pictures, not the other frilly stuff. Still, I had to send photos and talk to my sister Cynthia to get her approval. :)

I used the group photos from my trip to NJ last week and then I sent messages to the cousins that weren't there, or at least the ones I had contact info for. They all came through for me. I also scanned a couple of the photos we received last Christmas. I'm pretty happy with the mix of photos inside. Every child, grandchild, and great-grandchild is represented in this album except for one grandchild and the family members who are in the Philippines. Many of the photos were taken on the same sofa that Lola sits on daily. I hope that even if she forgets some of us some day, she'll at least see that she was in the photos with us.

I even took a video so I could show my mom and sisters the final product at a later date. It's all packed up and ready to be mailed out tomorrow. I hope it gets there in time for Lola to be able to take it with her.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

What an amazing and wonderful gift for her!!

Jules said...

What a wonderful treasure this is going to be for her!!!!