I was on call yesterday, so Patrick had to do all the driving for the various activities. I did manage to help him a little by bringing Anthony to school at 6am. That meant that I got to work a little early but that also meant that I could stop by the Starbucks by his school to pick up a little treat for me for breakfast. :)
Anthony ran at 9:30am, which was at least early enough that Patrick could go see him and then drive back home to pick up Alex to go to his game, along with the little ones. Anthony had a soccer game at the same time as Alex's game, but he skipped that to go to the end of season party for the cross country team. On the way home from picking up Anthony from the party, Anthony made plans for his best friend, A.O. to come over and then spend the night.
I took this picture this morning after I got home and after everyone had their usual Sunday morning donuts. I had bought these Mario and Luigi hats (with matching mustaches) for Anthony and A to wear for Halloween. Unfortunately, A won't be able to come over for Halloween so it was good that he came over so they could wear the hats now. Last night Patrick texted me a picture of the two of them wearing their hats while on their laptops in Anthony's room. This morning they put the hats on as soon as they got up and kept them on until Anthony got ready for soccer and A.O. left for home.
Alex got to go to a friend's Halloween party last night. It was good that the big boys were home so Patrick didn't have to worry about carting the little ones around. They all need sleep. Natalie put herself to bed at 7:40 last night!
Alex and Anthony both had games again today in different locations, of course, at noon and at 12:30, respectively. Patrick took Anthony to his game because it was at an unfamiliar field and he figured that I wouldn't want to navigate to an unfamiliar field when I was postcall and tired. That meant that I took the little ones with me to Alex's game, which was at our home field closer to home. They have a pumpkin patch at the home fields this year, and this is Natalie and Eric staring longingly at the pumpkins. They wanted to get pumpkins, but frankly, I don't really know what to do with those. Sometimes I feel like such a bad mom!
As for the results of the soccer games, Alex's team again lost. This time the score was 0-6. Patrick is very frustrated with that team and we may be looking at other options soon. Anthony seems to be thriving with his team, on the other hand. They won 7-0. Anthony started the game despite missing the game yesterday, so that was a nice plus.
Tomorrow I'll be sharing some Halloween pictures, hopefully.


No comments:
Post a Comment