Thursday, October 20, 2011

Midweek Update

I snapped this photo of Eric today. I was postcall so I made some brownies for the kiddos. Eric started cutting his brownie with a fork. First of all, Patrick and I were amazed that he was using a fork to eat his brownie. Second, we were amazed that he was cutting it! His brothers and sister just use their bare hands and they're not very neat about it either. Alex will walk around eating food, leaving crumbs everywhere. This is just more proof about Eric's OCD...

I don't update this blog much during the week when we're doing our usual routines--meaning boring to write and read about. This week has been especially tough for the big boys. They have both had massive amounts of homework. Alex even stayed home from soccer practice on Tuesday to do his homework and he was doing homework in the car on the way to soccer practice tonight. Keep in mind that he gets home around 4:30pm and leaves for soccer after 7pm. He's not that efficient but that's a lot of homework. Anthony had so much homework on Tuesday that he probably should have skipped soccer practice also. He went to bed at 12:30am. Poor thing--I woke him up before 6am to take him to cross country practice and I didn't see the note on his door that was supposed to tell me that he wanted to skip cross country to get extra sleep. Since I already woke him up, he went ahead and got ready and I took him to school.

I took call in OB for the first time yesterday. This Labor and Delivery ward isn't nearly as busy as ones I've worked in before, but I hadn't taken call there before so I was a little apprehensive. I didn't get called at all during the night. Yay! That meant that I could actually have a "day off" today instead of spending the day napping. Because of that, I made the brownies I mentioned earlier plus I made some Jello, one of Eric and Natalie's favorites. Ever since my mom came for a visit a couple of months ago and they made Jello together, the little ones have asked for Jello continuously. I can't say that I mind since it's one of the least sugary and fatty desserts/snacks that they have.

Tomorrow is Friday and the kids have some social plans. Hopefully I'll be able to take a picture or two so I can post them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Elise eats absolutely EVERYTHING with a fork. She can't stand to have food on her hands. :)