I'm going to post a few photos of what our day was like today--mostly unedited and straight from my iPhone. This first one is a bit tilted for a reason. Even with all the photos I take, I still get a little self-conscious when other people see me take photos. I took this photo without being too obvious, which meant that I took it without really looking at the screen--thus the tilted photo.I left the house with Anthony at about 6:30am to take him to school for soccer. We passed by a huge accident on the main road near our house. There were at least two ambulances and a fire truck. I was trying to drive so I didn't see exactly what was going on, but Anthony said it looked like a head-on collision.
I got some Benny's Tacos for Anthony and the rest of the family then dropped off Anthony. On the way home, the accident was mostly clear except for a couple of emergency vehicles. That's when I took this photo.
At home we ate breakfast and then when it came time to leave for Anthony's game at 8:30am, I was coughing and sniffling too much and I was afraid that being outside for the game would aggravate my allergies even more--plus after the allergy medication I took, I was getting very sleepy, so I opted to stay home and rest.
I woke up at about quarter to 11am and heard Eric yelling about how I wasn't home. Apparently he was being bossy when Alex was trying to get him to behave. Patrick got home around this time from Anthony's game (they lost 1-2) and told Eric that he needed to go to bed because he was acting tired. If Eric didn't act better, he threatened to throw away some cars. This is a frequent conversation with Eric when he's tired.

Patrick left by around 11:30am again to pick up Anthony from school. I got up around 12:30pm when Anthony texted me about how they were going to go by Chipotle to pick up lunch on the way home. I saw this scene (second picture) when I walked into Alex's bedroom to ask if they wanted some burritos from Chipotle.
Alex and Natalie were building figures out of Legos from the Lego Creationary game. Apparently they had asked Eric to stay out of the way and he chose to stay in the closet. Alex's blurred hand is from him waving me off since he didn't want me to take any pictures with Him in it. I tried to take some other pictures, but Eric was giving me his cheesy, posed smile and I have too many of those photos already.
The third photo is of the family eating lunch together. Most of them ignored me as I was taking the photo--they're used to it. Alex still didn't want any photos taken so he purposely kept his face turned away. My purpose for taking this photo was to play with a new photo application that I got yesterday and also to document one of the few times we all sit at the table together. These times are getting less and less common, it seems.After some time at home, I headed out with Alex and Eric to North Star Mall. Alex needed some new khaki uniform pants for school. Eric went with us because he just loves going to the mall. Natalie was over at a neighborhood friend's house (PP) and Anthony was doing homework.
The fourth picture is of Eric playing in the dressing room at the Gap. We were in there waiting for Alex to try on the pants. There were jeans painted on the wall with real shirts hung over them. Eric got a kick out of the fact that there were jeans painted on the wall and was trying to reach up at them.The last time I got Alex some pants at this store they were Men's jeans sized 28x30. This time the khaki pants were sized 30x30. He likes to wear pants on his hips instead of his waist with his gym shorts worn underneath. He needs a little extra width as a result. The way Alex likes to wear his pants drives Patrick nuts. The pants cost $50 and they weren't on sale, of course. My boys never seem to want to go shopping when there's a sale. They want me to pay full price, it seems.
The fifth picture I took today is of Eric carrying the Gymboree shopping bag. I had a coupon and they were having a sale, so I went to get Eric the shark swimsuit and matching rash guard, hat, and flip flops. I have only one child left that doesn't mind me picking out his clothes, at least some times. I have to take advantage of that. Eric insisted on carrying the bag on his shoulder even though it was a fairly heavy bag with all of that stuff in it. I was afraid his shoulder would start hurting and more importantly, I was afraid that he would get tired of holding it and set it down when I wasn't looking. I ended up relieving him of his package soon after I took this photo.
Natalie had wanted the shark swimsuit and rash guard too, but I could bring myself to buy my daughter a boys' swimsuit. Yes, I could shorten the swimming trunks and then they would look like girls' "board shorts", but I didn't want to buy something at that price and still have to alter it. I did get her the shark flip flops that she was very happy to receive.
Alex and Eric got Wendy's Frosties before heading home. Alex had wanted to get them and eat them in the car but Eric had for increasingly agitated as we were walking to the parking garage because he said he would make a mess in the car with his Frosty and he didn't want to make a mess in the car! This was despite multiple reassurances that he would do fine from Alex and me! Sometimes Eric's OCD really amazes me. They ate them at the mall before we got in the car.
One more photo left! We got home just in time to head out again for the 5pm mass. After mass we went out to eat at California Pizza Kitchen and then Brindles for dessert. I'm giving up most snacks and desserts for Lent so I look forward to this treat once a week.
This last picture is a little blurry again because of Alex, but I still love this photo because of the story behind it. Alex had been sitting on one of the sofas at Brindle's and taking up most of the space on it. Patrick made him get out of it so he could sit next to me. He went over to one of the chairs but Natalie was sitting in it by then. He sat on Natalie and she couldn't get him to move. Patrick and I knew that he would move if he knew I was taking a picture. Unfortunately because of the camera delay, he had already gotten up by the time the picture was taken.Wow, this was a really long post and probably pretty boring for all of you reading this. That was our Saturday in pictures.
Note: I did have to go back and edit the formatting of this blog post on the computer. I'll have to figure out what to do about this when I'm traveling.
1 comment:
I never knew you have a blog!!! I love blogging:) This was a good read and a very interesting look into your life (all thing melanie and family).
Post a Comment