Friday, March 16, 2012

Trip Photo Favorites

We got back safe and sound this afternoon, despite a little air turbulence. I didn't take too many photos on this trip, at least compared to other trips, but I wanted to share some of my favorites.

This first one was taken on our first full day in Colorado. The kids went outside to play in the snow as soon as they were able to assemble their snow gear from Grandma and Grandpa's stash. Patrick had to actually take Eric to Wal-Mart to get him some snow boots, since we didn't already have anything suitable in his size. Natalie used an old pair of Grandma's snow boots. The same pair as last year.

The kids made a snowman, of course. I asked Eric if I could take a picture of him with the snowman, and he said, "Yes." I expected him to merely sit or stand next to the snowman. Instead, true to his lovable nature, he gave the snowman a hug. What a sweetie!

As you can see, there was more grass than snow in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard. By the time we left, there was only the patch of snow where the kids had built what they called snow "forts" but what were really only snow "walls". Because there wasn't much snow, there wasn't much use for a shovel, but the one they had broke. Actually, Grandma said that the shovel was already broken, so thankfully the kids weren't the reason. The handle had come off, so Eric decided to pretend to be a "bulldozer". That shovel was still bigger than he was so he had to use his whole body to push the "bulldozer".

On our last day there, yesterday, Alex didn't want to play in the snow, but the other three did. The snow wasn't very good for having a snowball fight at all, so they ended up just goofing off in the snow and tearing down their snow "walls". They only get to play in the snow once a year, so I'm glad they at least had some snow play time. Grandma bought another shovel by our last day and just in case, we forbade the kids to use it.

I wasn't able to use my big camera to take photos on the ski hill, so Patrick took photos for me instead. He took this photo of his parents when they were skiing together while the rest of us were taking ski lessons. He did a great job, didn't he? This photo is completely unedited. I love his mom's smile--so genuine and loving. His dad was ignoring the camera as usual, but it's still a great photo of the two of them.

Patrick took this photo also. I love that he was able to capture Eric while he was skiing. He looks like he's really concentrating on what he was doing. He was apparently smiling for most of his lesson. I love his cute little skis. I love that the goggles cover most of his face. Oh, and they had the kids wear those orange jackets. The orange color identified them as ski school kids, but the best part was the handle in the back. Yes, there was a handle on the back part so that if the kids fell, all the instructor had to do was lift them up like a shopping bag. So cute! When I saw Eric on our last day of skiing, he was waiting his turn and I tried to take a picture of him. He acted goofy and didn't want his picture taken, so he ended up laying down in the snow. His instructor came up and said, "Are you being a snow angel?" She promptly turned him over and pulled him up by his "handle".

I still have to sift through the rest of the photos and I'll try to share a few more later, but I had to get these up as soon as possible.

No comments: