The last few months have felt like a vacation. Sure, Patrick and I still have to take children to different locations at the same time, but we really haven't had to do too many multiple trips in one night. Yesterday, I came home and spoke to Patrick for a few minutes, then I left with Eric to pick up Alex and the other carpool kids. I left Natalie at home because we wouldn't all fit in the car together plus she could finish her homework.
After getting Alex home, we were home for about half an hour before we left to get Chipotle for dinner. I gave Alex a choice of me making pasta at home or going to Chipotle. He was fine with pasta until I mentioned the latter. Alex has recently had almost an obsession with Chipotle's steak burritos.
After eating we came home to drop Alex off then I took Natalie and Eric to the Kinder Round Up. We finally got home at around 7:30pm. By then, Patrick had come home with Anthony after Anthony's high school soccer game. He only played a few minutes because some of the Varsity players who didn't play in the Varsity game for whatever reason, played at the JV game.
Our schedule is about to step up some more. Anthony will start participating in Track along with Club Soccer. Alex will hopefully not have so much homework so he can actually go to club soccer practice. In April, Natalie is going to start swimming four nights a week. We actually have to pay for five nights a week to do this, but she doesn't want to swim on Fridays because she sees that as her day to play with her friends.
This is an iPhone photo of her swimming tonight in her own lane. The other seven kids at swim team practice shared two lanes and she got her own lane. Her coach says that swimming on Mondays and Wednesdays will give Natalie an opportunity to swim with other kids that might give her more competition. If they don't then the coach said that she would get in the pool herself and swim with Natalie. I thought that was nice of her.
The neighborhood swim team registration was tonight. Practices start May 1st, but right now we're planning on Natalie practicing her swimming at Lifetime Fitness where she's swimming now. She'll get a lot more practice and attention there than at the neighborhood practices.
Besides everything above, the big boys will start having club soccer games on the weekends--at least two to three per weekend. Yup, our schedule is definitely going to be stepping up in the coming weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment