Today was our first two soccer game day since the fall season (last year). Anthony's game was at 9am and it was drizzly and a little chilly as a result. He played very well but his team, not so well. They lost 0-5 in what will be Anthony's final high school soccer game of the season. Instead of staying for the second JV game and then going back to the school with his team, he came home with us. He took a shower at home and I took him back to school to volunteer for the Model U.N. activities that were being held at his school. After that, he went with a friend to his friend's house where he was having a pool party. Patrick just now picked him up at about 9pm, so he was gone all day.
Meanwhile, Patrick took Alex to his first club soccer game of the season. I came with the little ones after dropping off Anthony. I took this picture because we had a really long way to walk to the field where Alex was playing. Halfway there, Eric started holding his arms out like he was flying. He really knows how to entertain himself and the people around him sometimes. Natalie is clutching a bag of popcorn to her chest, afraid of spilling any. they were selling popcorn near the entrance and she begged to have some, of course.
I have another interesting story related to when we arrived at this soccer field(the S.T.A.R. Complex). The parking lot was full. I exited the lot to try to park in a different lot where I would have had to walk in the main road with the kids. I decided to give the first, closer parking lot another try. As soon as I entered, I told the kids to hope that we get lucky enough to find a parking spot. I then remembered that Eric often brings me luck. I told Natalie to rub Eric's head. I had just finished saying it when we came upon someone about to pull out of their spot. Lucky! Unfortunately, it didn't work when Patrick rubbed Eric's head later to bring Alex's team good luck. They lost 0-3.
At the start of the game, the temperature was warming up but it was still very tolerable, despite the still slightly wet weather. It warmed up quite a bit during the 12:30pm game and the sun came out. The boys did okay during the game despite having no subs. Near the end, Eric and Natalie started whining about how hot they were. I bought them snow cones at halftime and an Icee at the corner gas station on the way home. Good bye, cool weather.
After the game, we went home. Alex got to play Call of Duty: Black Ops on the PS3. Patrick took Natalie to the library to check out some books in the Warrior Cat series that she has been obsessed with lately. I took a nap. When they got home, we headed to La Cantera Mall. This is just a photo I took after dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I love taking photos like this from behind. No goofy faces and smiles and no shouts of "No Pictures!" I just get to see my family interact naturally. Eric insisted on carrying one of our bags of leftovers, so that bag is banging against his body. We always have lots of leftovers when we go to the Cheesecake Factory. He is wearing a shirt from his Uncle Geoff and it's huge (size 6). Soon after this, he let me carry the bag he was carrying so he could run and catch up with his sister.
I have one more interesting story about The Cheesecake Factory. When our waitress came to our table to introduce herself, she looked really familiar to me. As it turned out, she was our server the last time we were there, which was way back in December when we were there for my birthday. What was really cool was that she remembered us. She even asked if I had cut my hair (yes) and if there were some family members missing (yes--the boys). She must serve a ton of people every day. How cool that we were memorable--hopefully in a good way. :)
Tomorrow, Alex has another soccer game. I hope it's not too hot!


No comments:
Post a Comment