Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 30

Can you believe it's already going to be December tomorrow? Christmas is only 25 days away! That's just as well, I suppose, because Patrick and I have been doing our part in supporting the economy and we're pretty much done with our shopping. We've also picked out our own birthday and Christmas presents. This is Patrick's birthday/Christmas present, a new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I already mentioned this briefly yesterday, but I have to tell a story about it.

Patrick opened up his new toy and opened up Safari, which is the Mac internet browser. He usually doesn't use Safari on our desktop Mac, he uses Firefox instead because I use Safari and that way, our bookmarks and saved passwords are separate. Well, he started deleting bookmarks on the Safari browser on his laptop--after he had told the laptop to sync the bookmarks through iCloud. Of course that ended up erasing most of my bookmarks from the desktop AND my iPhone! He felt so guilty and I thought that maybe I should be more upset, but I wasn't. I needed to purge some of those old bookmarks anyway. Nonetheless, he spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to recover the lost bookmarks. The only way he saw that he could get them back was to pay $50 for a recovery program. I nixed that--we're already supporting the economy a lot, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Today, I got to have lunch with Natalie and Eric--always a highlight for me. After lunch, my new iPad arrived. Cool! I spent the afternoon getting that all set up too. Later on, I took Natalie and Eric to Panera Bread (Eric's choice) for dinner, and then to Brindles (Natalie's request) for ice cream before going to swim practice. The big boys got their hair cut and then Patrick took them to the Rush concert. Hopefully they're enjoying themselves right now.

I took this picture at the Natatorium tonight. Eric and I went to the Family Bathroom. There was a shower in there, a commode, a sink, a paper towel dispenser, and then this dryer. When I pointed this out to Eric, he laughed because he's used to using these as hand dryers, but this is obviously a hair dryer. I still think this makes a hilarious picture, though. I'm thankful that Eric does so well in the two times that I've taken him to swim practice despite the late time. He didn't get into bed until after 8:30pm--that's late for him. I supposed that's because I try to have fun with him and because he'll play his iDinobook on the iPad.

No comments: