Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude: Days 14 and 15

I'm not used to posting on my blog this often anymore. It's easy for me to find things to be thankful for, however. This is a picture of Eric dancing to one of the groups performing on X Factor yesterday. They were singing their version of We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions. Eric LOVES this song. Whenever we're in the car and this comes on the radio, he asks for us to turn up the sound on the radio. I'm thankful that he loves music so much. I'm thankful that he feels comfortable enough to just start dancing or singing when he hears a song he likes. I'm thankful to be able to watch him dance, especially with that butt action. The picture is blurry because of the wiggling. It's quite entertaining. I came home from work late last night but I'm glad I came home in time to watch some TV with the kids. Soon after this picture, Natalie got up and started dancing too. Love it.

Today we watched the end of last night's show and then the X Factor elimination show that aired tonight. Natalie was at swim practice with Patrick. As per our X Factor routine, Eric gets completely ready for bed first. I make him do that because he likes to snuggle on my bed under the blankets and I want him to be clean when he does that. What mother doesn't look for any excuse to snuggle with her five-year-old? I'm grateful that he still wants to do that and that I have someone to watch the show with. We didn't make it through the whole show though. Apparently, Taylor Swift isn't one of his favorites. She was performing during tonight's show and right after she came on, he wanted to turn off the TV so he could play with his dinosaurs. I watched the rest of the show on my own after I picked up Alex from the school basketball game that he attended, so I could find out who went home on the show. I got to watch a little of the end with Natalie. These reality shows are more fun to watch with the kids around. I'm thankful for that too.

No comments: